Numbers at a Glance
Protect Yourself From Coronavirus Scams
FTC, FCC and SEC tips to avoid coronavirus scams
- Avoid online offers for coronavirus-related vaccines or cures; they aren't legitimate.
- Don't click on links or download files from unexpected emails, even if the email address looks like a company or person you recognize. Ditto for text messages and unfamiliar websites.
- Don't share personal information such as Social Security, Medicare and credit card numbers in response to an unsolicited call, text or email.
- Be wary of fundraising calls or emails seeking money for coronavirus victims or disease research, especially if they pressure you to act fast and request payment by prepaid debit cards or gift cards.
- Ignore phone calls or emails from strangers urging you to invest in a hot new coronavirus stock.
- White House
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Alabama Department of Public Health (ADPH)
- Alabama Governor's Office--ALtogether Alabama
- National Library of Medicine (NLM)
- National Library of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID)
- National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA)
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- APLS COVID-19 LIB Guide
- Just For Kids: A Comic Exploring The New Coronavirus
- The Alabama Department of Mental Health Coping with Stress
- Interactive Map – Coronavirus COVID-19 Global Cases by Johns Hopkins CSSE An interactive web-based dashboard to track COVID-19 in real time. From Johns Hopkins Whiting School of Engineering.
- CDC – Countries With Confirmed Cases Map Shows a static map of countries with confirmed COVID-19 Cases as well as a list of those countries.
- CDC – Cases in the US
- ADPH COVID-19 Data and Surveillance Dashboard - State of Alabama case counts (Mobile Version)
- The New York Times – Coronavirus Map Updated maps from the The New York Times
- COVID-19 previamente 2019- Novel Coronavirus: Información salud al consumidor by Rossana Isabel Tecnologías-Emergentes, health sciences librarian at the University of Puerto Ricos’s Medical Sciences Campus.
- Infecciones por coronavirus Otros nombres: COVID-19 MedlinePlus
- 15 DIÁS PARA DESACELERAR LA PROPAGACIÓN CDC
Stuck at home with nothing to do?
- These 12 Famous Museums Offer Virtual Tours You Can Take on Your Couch
- Learn a new language with Duolingo
- Check out an eBook or a magazine
- Discover a new recipe with Food Network
- Learn how to draw with the Artists Network
- WikiHow - How to grow an Herb Garden (Indoor and Outdoor) with images
- Need some good news? Check out the Good News Network
- Learn how to play the Piano on your computer - VirtualPiano.net
- Donate and learn at the same time with FreeRice
- Alabama History@Home - Explore Alabama history through online resources & virtual opportunities.