- Q. What are kits?
A. Kits are a bag that may include a craft, a scavenger hunt, puzzles and a snack. (Subject to change)
- Q. How will I get the kits?
A. Kits will be handed out each week on Friday, from 10am-5pm. You may pick up at the desk inside, only three people at a time, or call ahead for curb-side service.
- Q. What books can I read?
A. It’s preferred that books and eBooks are checked out from our library, but any books are allowed, no requirements.
- Q. Do you have AR books?
A. Yes, we do, and our library staff will be glad to assist you in finding these books.
- Will there be prizes?
A. Yes. Details will be announced later.
- Q. What is Beanstack
A. Beanstack is an online app and website that you will use to log reading, activities, and complete challenges.
- Q. Will there be in-person programs?
- Q. Will there be a Splash Day?
A. Details will be posted later.
- Q. What are the important dates?
A. Kit registration is May 1st - 17th, 2021. See Ms. Garneshia for details.
Beanstack registration is ongoing
Kit pick-up is Fridays, from 10am-5pm, May 28th - July1st.
Spirit week is the 5th - 9th
Summer Reading Finale will be July 16th
in-person programs will be announced at a later date.
- Q. May I pick up a kit for someone else?
A. You must have signed permission from the person for whom you’re picking up.
- Q. May I still pick up a kit if I didn’t register for them?
A. We’re sorry, no. We use registration counts to order supplies for the kits. You can still complete Summer Reading challenges on Beanstack without them.
- Q. What do I do if I don’t have a computer and I need to get on Beanstack?
A. The Library has computers and Wi-Fi open for public use, and you can also download the Beanstack app to your smartphone or tablet.
- Q. What ages/grades can participate in the Summer Reading Program?
A. Ages 3-18 / Pre-K - 12th Grade
Don't see your question here? Call (334) 735-2145 or come by and see Ms. Garneshia Lampley.
Last Updated Summer 2021 - Check back later for 2022 details.