Frequently Asked Questions
Do I have to bring the seeds back ?
No. As a participant in the seed exchange, we would appreciate if you were to bring in some collected seeds from your garden to keep our stock replenished. Mark your calendar to bring us seeds that you harvest at the end of the growing season!
How do I donate seeds?
· Bring seeds that are dry and clean to the Oak Street Entrance desk.
· Fill out information on notecard on top of the catalog (plant name, harvest date and place, notes, etc.).
· We’ll repackage them for you-- bring them in a paper bag, plastic tub, mason jar, old envelope, or other container.
· We prefer seeds that are open-pollinated or heirloom, because seeds from these plants will be viable in the following year.
· If you do not know whether your seeds are open-pollinated, please note that on the information card
How do I borrow seeds?
· Tell the library staff on duty what you are needing.
· The library staff member may assist you in placing seeds in smaller envelopes if needed. The number of seeds will be based on the availability of the particular type seeds.
· Fill out information on notecard on top of the catalog to show what you are borrowing.